Seven out of the box ideas that might help you find your next home
- Consider posting a “home wanted” story on social media. Share your buyer bio online with your connections. you never know who might know someone who will be selling. Your broker can still help you see and submit an offer to an off-market home to take the awkwardness out of negotiating directly with the homeowner.
- Attend estate sales and garage sales to see if the owner might be preparing for a sale. If so, find out if you can arrange to have your broker show you the home and structure an offer that best protects your interests.
- Walk or drive through your A-list neighborhoods (neighborhoods that have the style, amenities and location that you most want) and take note of homes that are quickly being spruced-up—possibly indicating they might be coming up for sale.
- Check out Zillow and identify “Make Me Move” homes that might be of interest.
- Let co-workers and acquaintances (especially hairdressers, handymen and home services providers) know that you are looking for a home. They often hear the scoop before anyone.
- Contact owners of homes for rent in your A-list neighborhoods to see if they would consider selling.
- Set up a Google keyword search for New Listing + (your a-list neighborhood name). Often photographers and home stagers share photos of listings they are helping prepare for market.
ABOUT WINDERMERE MERCER ISLAND
We earn the trust and loyalty of our brokers and clients by doing real estate exceptionally well. The leader in our market, we deliver client-focused service in an authentic, collaborative and transparent manner and with the unmatched knowledge and expertise that comes from decades of experience.
© Copyright 2018. Information and statistics derived from Northwest Multiple Listing Service.