Lake Washington surrounds Mercer Island and sits as Washington’s second-largest lake. From Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at the most southern tip in Renton to Saint Edward State Park along the northern peak in Kenmore, Lake Washington offers tons of recreational activities for the family to enjoy.
Several large-scale parks can be found along Lake Washington’s shores, including Renton’s Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park, Mercer Island’s Luther Burbank Park, Newcastle’s Newcastle Beach Park, Seattle’s Seward Park, Washington Park Arboretum, and Magnunson Park, Kirkland’s Juanita Beach and Juanita Bay Parks, and Kenmore’s Saint Edward State Park. Countless smaller parks can be found along the shores, too, including Matthews Beach Park and Stan Sayres Memorial Park.
If you’re looking for something to do, try any of these fun Lake Washington activities (and don’t forget your camera!)
- Walk, bike, or run along I-90 trail that runs parallel between Bellevue and Seattle
- Play with your dog at Luther Burbank Park’s Off-Leash Dog Area
- Join the fun in the Grotto at Saint Edward Memorial Park
- Take a leisurely stroll around the Seward Park’s paved perimeter trail
- Grab some grub and have a picnic at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park
- Swim in the sun at the Newcastle Beach Park
- Hike through the hills of the Bailey Peninsula at Seward Park
- Take a class lakeside at the Seward Park Clay Studio
- Walk along the Foster Point Trail in and around the Washington Park Arboretum
- Take a dip in the Magnunson Park Wading Pond
- Golf along the northern shores at the Inglewood Golf Club
- Take a boat out on the lake
- Bury your feet in the sand at the Juanita Beach Park
- …and don’t forget to try paddle surfing while you’re there!
- Bike around the like via the Lake Washington Trail
- See all the upgrades to Bear Sheva Park as they happen (est. completion Fall 2018)
- Volunteer at one of several city and state parks to help cultivate local wonder and nurture our local communities
- Enjoy a small or large family gathering on the grass meadows
- Watch one of several Summery water events, including the Blue Angels and Hydroplane races
- Row or sail into the lake from one of many Rowing & Sailing Rental Centers
But if you’re looking for some great places to launch your boat in this summer sunshine (well, our eventual-summer sunshine), then you might want to try any of these:
- Atlantic City Boat Ramp
- Saint Edward State Park
- Seward Park
- Stan Sayres Memorial Park
- Warren G. Magnunson Park
Did we miss some of your favorite activities? Let us know about them in the comments below!
ABOUT WINDERMERE MERCER ISLAND
We earn the trust and loyalty of our brokers and clients by doing real estate exceptionally well. The leader in our market, we deliver client-focused service in an authentic, collaborative and transparent manner and with the unmatched knowledge and expertise that comes from decades of experience.
© Copyright 2018.